Weekends are a great time to get creative with your food and what better time now Vivo Life are running a fab giveaway to one lucky winner – all you have to do is post a picture of your breakfast (points for creativity) and hashtag #vivobreakfasts and tag @vivolifeuk on Instagram.
This mornings creation for me was pancakes (myeloid favourite) with caramelised banana and my little secret weapon Lucuma Powder (basically a healthy tasting caramel-great in smoothies too!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 scoop Warrior Vegan chocolate protein
- 3 tsp Lucuma powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Handful cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp Pip & Nut peanut butter (best pb for drizzling over your yummy creations)
- Activated almonds maple syrup (grated) **
- First whisk the eggs, then add the mashed banana mix together before adding the scoop of protein and lucuma. I use Smart Shake to mix together the ingredients to get that smooth texture whilst still having a few banana lumps for taste and texture. Plus is great for pouring !
- Add 1 tsp coconut oil to a a medium sized pan and place over medium heat – allow to melt then add the sliced banana for roughly 1 min
- Then add the mixture (can split into several smaller ones if preferred ) cook until start to see bubbles appear and can easily lift edges
- Flip over carefully and cook until edges lift up easily
- Place cooked pancakes onto a plate and drizzle in peanut butter with a sprinkling of cacao nibs and grated almonds
- Voila……perfectly balanced breakfast to fuel your morning!!
I have now created my very own page for you guys to see, full of all my favourite goodies I use for baking and snacking so please check it out by clicking here. Would love to see your yummy creations so either tag me on Facebook –SCMFitness /Instagram @scmfit.
Lots of love and hope you all have a fab weekend,
**Activating the almonds removes phytic acid – which i have recently discovered thanks to the Team at Vivo Life actually stops us absorbing other vital vitamins and minerals and is hard for our body to digest.